Has anyone heard of Red Asian Crabs?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gabe

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Me and the Hubby saw some at the lfs and he thought they were really cool. I tried to google them and all I got were pages for recipes lol. If anyone has any info on them or knows a web site on them I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Gabe

I had a brief fling with keeping asian red claw crabs (more to stop our then 4 year old from moaning than anything else)but like you could find out v little about them but this is what i learnt.
They need a tall rock or some kind of beach so they can get out of the water,they are not fully aquatic.
They should not be combined with bottom dwelling,slow moving or small fish,they are predators that will eat any fish they can catch.
They react badly to poor water conditions and medications,far more sensative than most fish.
They will fight to the death with each other if they are kept in too small a tank.
They shed their skin as they grow,dont be alarmed if one morning it looks like your crab population has doubled.
They like to escape,make sure the tank is well sealed or you will be finding dried up crabs on your carpets.
Hope this info helps also i should add that these creatures have enormous entertainment value to kids,they kept our little monster quiet for at least a day :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tut tut CM this is suposed to be a family site :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Back