Has Anyone Else Been Spat At?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

awilson360

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
:hyper: As the title suggests! Today my male Dwarf Gourami spat at me! I was holding a blood worm slightly above the water in an attempt to making him leap at it but instead he spat a mouthful of water at it and the blood worm fell from my fingers and straight into his little gob! This also answers the question of why my condensation tray always has a little puddle of water near the feeding cut out!

I just found it hilarious and with a quick google I found that this happens to a lot of people! Has anyone else witnessed this?

:shout:

AW

I didn't tried it from a gourami, but I did got a shot of water in my face long time ago from an archer fish in a public aquarium!! I realy got embarrassed and amused in the same time!! :hyper:

I didn't tried it from a gourami, but I did got a shot of water in my face long time ago from an archer fish in a public aquarium!! I realy got embarrassed and amused in the same time!! :hyper:
not in the same context but my 2 year old got splashed by my alpha discus at feeding time tonight lol

A discus, I didn't see that coming :good: but spat by a gouramy seems cute, I think that dwarf gouramis in the wild will spit on an insect sitting on a low leaf to have it on the menu, why else a gourami will spit for? LOL

yep! mine too :D I started with 2 Dwarf Gouramis (Dumb and Dumber), Dumber bullied the pants off Dumb so I began by segregating Dumber into a separate part of the tank (with a divider). He spat at me! And when my back was turned he had managed also to 'jump' over the divide into the main tank and carry on bullying! As impressive as he was.. he went back to the LFS :rolleyes:

not a gourami but a file fish yes i netted him and his spine fins spine got snagged and he decided he would spit at me repeatedly in desgust lol

Excellent! I got attacked by a three spot once. He had eggs (first time) in a nest at the side of the tank and I hadn't seen them and was fairly new to it all back then. Stuck my hand in to sort out some plants (It was a heavily planted tank) and he attacked me! :crazy: :lol: Made me jump but I never interfered with his nests or babes again. :lol:
P.

:hyper: As the title suggests! Today my male Dwarf Gourami spat at me! I was holding a blood worm slightly above the water in an attempt to making him leap at it but instead he spat a mouthful of water at it and the blood worm fell from my fingers and straight into his little gob! This also answers the question of why my condensation tray always has a little puddle of water near the feeding cut out!

I just found it hilarious and with a quick google I found that this happens to a lot of people! Has anyone else witnessed this?

:shout:

AW
I hope you spat back at him to show who's boss? lol

The archer fish and cichlids in my LFS decided they don't like me the first time i went! They have open topped tanks at my LFS and i went to look at the archerfish wondering if there was any other fish in there. There wasn't but as i got close one shot to the top and splashed me with it's tail! I never go near them anymore. The cichlids let me get a bit closer before 1 jumped at me and i had to put it back in the tank! I'm good friends with the owners and apparently the same cichlid has done it to her aswell. It dislikes me and her but it doesn't do it to anyone else!

Alessa x.

Ive been fishy-slapped by a male kribensis some time ago :shout: :blush: :shout: :shout:
Carl

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back