Has Anybody Else Experienced A School Fire?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Truck

UKAPS
Reaction score
yesterday i just sat down in engineering and the fire alarm went off everybody thought it was a drill until we saw smoke puthering out of the vents to the upper girls toilets on the maths block, within 5 minutes there were 2 fire engines 1 ambulance and 2 police cars, the fire had been going for 40 minutes and has cause a bit of structural damage, it bothers me to think that some one would be stupid and selfish enough to start this fire!!!

anybody else experienced something like this?

no but even when the are drills i make sure i can see my brothers and sisters when they went and one sister still does lol

no but even when the are drills i make sure i can see my brothers and sisters when they went and one sister still does lol
got to admit i was looking for siblings then the girl friend

Priorities :good:

Ive expierenced fire drills going off 3 times a day minimum, then when we was outside everyone would start firing fireworks.....

Ive experienced 3 real fires in my time :p, Caused a bit of damage. Was more fun then anything else to see the smoke etc..... Viva La Pyromaniacs xD

Years ago a bird had built a nest somewhere in the vents or something like that. It had caught on fire and they evacuated the school for a bit. I don't think there was any significant damage at all. School wasn't closed and I think we could still utilize all the classrooms. I was probably about 9 or 10 years old.

Cricky, what sort of school did you go to Ace :crazy:

I've been in education some years now <cough>, too many to mention and have only seen one. That was caused by builders putting on a new roof to part of the school, the bitumin set fire to the existing roof :crazy: Luckily it didn't spread phew.

But having 1300 excited pupils standing outside was not the greatest fun in the world :shout:

Seffie x

:fish:

I've been in education some years now <cough>, too many to mention and have only seen one. That was caused by builders putting on a new roof to part of the school, the bitumin set fire to the existing roof :crazy: Luckily it didn't spread phew.

But having 1300 excited pupils standing outside was not the greatest fun in the world :shout:

Seffie x

have you tried the hand in the air trick seff? you put your hand up and others are meant to follow whilst not talking and it works!

Seffie x

have you tried the hand in the air trick seff? you put your hand up and others are meant to follow whilst not talking and it works!

Truck, that works with little ones and year 7 but to be honest I don't really need to be doing that :good: i would be a bit worried if they didn't be quiet when I wanted quiet, well maybe not worried, annoyed :lol: and then they would be worried ;)

Seffie x

when i was at school we had the biggest school fire in england for 50 years 3 millions worth of damage and four weeks of school because no one could supply enough porter cabins for class rooms we got work through the post though :(
I thought it was a nice holiday but my sister was gutted as all their coarse work was destroyed
scot :)

when i was at school we had the biggest school fire in england for 50 years 3 millions worth of damage and four weeks of school because no one could supply enough porter cabins for class rooms we got work through the post though :(
I thought it was a nice holiday but my sister was gutted as all their coarse work was destroyed

That must have been a nightmare, what did the exam boards do? teacher assessment?

Seffie x

they had to award the marks given in the GCSE mock exams the ones no one revises for lol

they had to award the marks given in the GCSE mock exams the ones no one revises for lol
how was it caused?

the person that started ours had to apollogize infront of the hole school.

its a shame the cane no longer exsists, if it did we wouldnt have anyway near the amount of crime we have today

thankfully, when my kids school burnt to the ground 2 years ago, no one was in school, so no one got hurt, but it annoys me that the judicial system in this country couldn't charge the offenders for lack of evidence, as a camera on the school premises couldnt identify them although they had owned up to their family and friends that they had done it. my eldest son had to take important exams in porta cabins!

happened to my school in the maths block once, happened during the weekend though, so no kids were there.

Took a while to get it fixed, but it still smelt burnt for ages after.

Most reactions

trending

Back