Harlequin Rasboras Questions

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
A group of 10-11 would be OK.

I think I mentioned in another thread on this tank about the otos...initially I would not get so many. Otos are wild caught, and by the time they reach the store many are nearly starved, so they frequently do not last long. If the tank has a good biofilm, which becomes established over the first few months, they may be OK, and will in time learn to feed from the algae-based sinking foods and sometimes even vegetables.

A group of 10-11 would be OK.

I think I mentioned in another thread on this tank about the otos...initially I would not get so many. Otos are wild caught, and by the time they reach the store many are nearly starved, so they frequently do not last long. If the tank has a good biofilm, which becomes established over the first few months, they may be OK, and will in time learn to feed from the algae-based sinking foods and sometimes even vegetables.
I already have 1 oto. Should I not get more and get something else instead?

I already have 1 oto. Should I not get more and get something else instead?

Hold off on more for a few months, then if this were me I would only get two more. I had three for several years in a 90g tank; one day I noticed five, two slightly smaller...obviously they had spawned.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back