Harlequin Rasbora swimming strange

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mr-Furious99

Reaction score

Here's a link to the video. I have a Harlequin who has been swimming on his side for over a week now. All the other fish in the tank are fine. Is that the air bladder disorder or something else? It kind of looks that the Rasbora might have something wrong with his left fin, but I'm not sure.. it moves very fast. It eats, plays in it the filter current, etc.

30 gal tank, water changed 4 days ago at 30%.
6.2 pH
0ppm ammonia
0ppm nitrites
5ppm nitrates

I've always had the nitrates around 5... No matter what I do I can't seem to get it lower.

ph is crazy low. ph, for a tropical tank should be anywhere from 7.4-7.6 ph. Will you please take a picture from the side of the fish? (Wait, 5ppm nitrate!??) :)

What size tank I should be in? :)

30 gal tank. 5ppm, second from the top. So, I can't take a picture of the side. It moves way too fast, but it's also spiraling.. swimming upside down, kinda drifting.. one of is eyes looks enlarged compared to the other.

MVIMG_20190729_195818.jpg

Weird, and how long has this been going on? :)

I can't tell anything from the video. Turn your phone on its side so it's horizontal not vertical. Then make another video.

The pH of your tank is absolutely NOT crazy low. The fish I saw in the video are acidic fish in any case. I used to have to work hard to get my pH into an acidic range.

ph is crazy low. ph, for a tropical tank should be anywhere from 7.4-7.6 ph. Will you please take a picture from the side of the fish? (Wait, 5ppm nitrate!??)
Not sure I understand why this was posted. Like @Lateral Line I have to work hard to get my pH below 6.5 and 5ppm nitrate is as good as it gets for most people.

@Mr-Furious99 there is nothing obvious in the video - but he does seem thinner / smaller than the rest and a bit of a funny shape on the left side (almost like he's been squashed at the front - but hard to tell from the vid). Nice healthy looking CPD BTW.

ce healthy looking CPD BTW.

Sorry, what's CPD?

In other news, the little guy passed away. Whatever was wrong with him got worse. No other fish in the tank appear ill.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back