Hardscape suggestions?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Down Stream

Reaction score
Any thing you would change or add? Thank you!
20211002_182908.jpg

Thank you! Yeah I think I'm going to do dirt and sand, to save money.

After you add sand, maybe some rocks scattered around to cause color contrast, but also maybe not. And, of course, plants!! I'd add a bunch of java moss and anubias to that beautiful piece of wood, do a repens carpet and some larger plants (rotala, java fern, maybe swords, water wisteria) in the back.
Regardless, it looks like it'll be a beautiful tank, keep us updated!

Please use fine gravel 2-4mm. Not sand.
I suggest do what you want as regards that, many will say use aquarium soil, most will likely say sand, some may even say a bare bottom is more hygienic. There are pluses and minuses to all and this issue is confused even more depending on how deep you want the substrate and whether you have fish that care one way or the other.

Personally, I would create a barrier of some description, separating the back of the tank from the front. The back would have the soil/gravel, for some real planting.
The front would have some large pebbles and sand.

One thing to be wary of...remember that you'll probably need to vacuum the substrate on occasion, so thing where organic waste may gather. Will it be accessible, or wil the roots get in the way. Think of a gentle slope, so that the bulk of the waste will roll downhill, to a spot of two where you can more easily suck it up and out.

Any thing you would change or add? Thank you! View attachment 144526
You should definitely get some dragon rock! Its a pain to clean... BUT the results are totally worth it. You can just soak the rock in pure vinegar and then scrub it with brushes and pick at it with small dental tools... Then soak it in some tap water until you cant smell any vinegar, changing the water each day in the bucket to rid of dirt and excess vinegar.

I know tmi... But it'll look great! Especially with the drift wood you have!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back