Hardiness?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sorry you got your feelings hurt for not taking your advice, I took it into consideration. I appreciate your input. I also take what others have said. And other things I've read. I've read this set up will work. Well..... I'm gonna find out. I'll let ya know what happens

My feelings aren't hurt - you aren't anyone to me, so it's not personal. I just dislike it when newbies are selfish and don't consider the needs of the fish, because they treat fish like deco or a new toy.

You didn't have a five gallon cycled when you started this thread, so no point lying about having one ready now.

You can update how it goes in this thread, but I won't be reading, since I don't want to find out about dead pygmies or habrosus. I'll be putting you on ignore and blocking you now, since this isn't productive either way.
But one last word of warning - sometimes these things work out for a while. A few months even. Then the owner comes down in the morning to find the betta has slaughtered all it's tankmates. There are threads on this very forum showing this happening. Just search "betta killed..." and see for yourself.

I hope for the fishes sake that that doesn't happen to you.

Luna0341, it is only fair to warn you that bettas, both male and female, are unpredictable. Some are laid back, some are aggressive. Some will tolerate tank mates, some will not. It is always advisable to have a back up plan ready in case a betta turns out to be one of the aggressive ones.

So..... I gave up on the idea of pygmy or dwarf Cory. Simply can't find them. I went ahead and got 3 bronze Cory. I e had them bought a week now. Haven't had any problem at all with my Betta. She ignores them. I put a few more plants in and got a floating log. She has really been enjoying the floating log. My wife and I found a 50gal long at PetSmart for like $136 and it came with nice stand. So I'll probably move my Cory over there once I get it cycled.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back