Hard water algae eaters

Can't seem to find anywhere locally that sells them - will have to look online

Yeah I guess my issue is that I deliberately set up another tank that runs on a 60/40 RO/tap water basis to be able to move my cories as the don't flourish in hard water.
If BN Plecos are to the same or similar parameters and I put it in rock hard water, I'm just back to square one and shouldn't have bothered moving the cories over.
I think although I love plecos I will go for a Rabbit Snail or two as they're pretty funky and can handle the hardness.

Yeah bristlenose can only do up to 268ppm or 15DH
Really hard to say, outside of snails, but a rabbit snail would be really cool.

Yeah I guess my issue is that I deliberately set up another tank that runs on a 60/40 RO/tap water basis to be able to move my cories as the don't flourish in hard water.
If BN Plecos are to the same or similar parameters and I put it in rock hard water, I'm just back to square one and shouldn't have bothered moving the cories over.
I think although I love plecos I will go for a Rabbit Snail or two as they're pretty funky and can handle the hardness.

Rabbit snails look brilliant! And less poop than a Pleco.

I’d go with a mix of shrimp Amano and I found some Pinocchio shrimps on eBay last night that look cool too. If you want rabbit snails Horizon Aquatics have some really nice ones on their website and they do postage too.

Wills

Actually ignore the Pinocchio shrimp just read on pfk they are brackish - shame as they look really cool

Most reactions

trending

Back