Haps/peacocks stocking

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Harryfor54

Reaction score
hello,

I'm setting up a 290 litre/75 us gallon Malawi tank and was wondering what haps and peacocks are compatible together.

This depends, are you having mixed genders or all males? Any peacock is pretty much fine with all others, just be aware that the ones that have similar colors/patterns are more likely to bicker, same for haps. Try to get same sized haps of varying colors and patterns and I think you will be alright.
What species are you looking at so far?

Thanks for the reply

Sorry if this is a stupid question but what's different if I go with mixed gender or all male. I'm not sure what specific species yet but I don't want any larger the 5 inch.

Mixed gender would be both male and females of a species, all male would only have different species of males. Mixed gender would only allow one species of peacock since all of the females look pretty much the same, which would lead to hybridization. This is usually frowned upon since a lot of people like to keep pure species. Also look for haps that have females that look different. 4 species 1m/4f each. In this setup you would only have 4 colorful fish.

All male you pick around 15-18 fish for a tank your size, with no duplicates or fish that resemble each other. These tanks are a little more difficult since you need a plan to get ride of bullied fish or fish that are bullies. It can take some work to get a mix that works out. All fish here would have some degree of color.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back