Happy Thanksgiving!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Thanks, Deanasue. It is so easy to focus on the difficulties in life, but there is ALWAYS much to be thankful for. Anybody remember that old song, "Count Your Blessings"? I try to actually do that once or twice a year: Take an hour or two and actually write down everything I'm thankful for, all the good things that are mine to enjoy, whether I earned them or not. It is a good exercise in humility, and I always run out of time before I run out of blessings.

For today: God loves me; my wife and daughter surprise me every day by being wonderful; everyone is in reasonably good health; I live in a nation where I am more or less free to say what I think and do what I want; all the work of training my puppy is really starting to pay off; I have a warm house; my job makes lots of people happy; there always seems to be more than enough to eat; I drive a fairly reliable vehicle that's paid off; there are no creditors banging down the door at the moment; by God's grace I am a better person than I used to be.

I could probably continue all day, but that's enough to go on for now. :)

Have a thankful day, everyone.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. I'm going to go the easy route and simply echo the sentiments of WhistlingBadger, which pretty much applies to me as well.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back