Happy Labor Day!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
It used to make me laugh when I went cruising

The times I have had American women tell me off for wearing white

"You're not sposed to be wearing white after Labor Day...its just not the done thing....you should know better!!"

Having to explain to them that it only applies to the US and not the rest of the world

"Oh I though it was only Americans on this ship"

To which the hubbies or partners cut into the discussion "erm...dear...anyone can go cruising thesedays, not just Americans...come along...lets go get something to eat"

And as they walk away they are still arguining about wearing white after Labor Day and how everyone should know the rules....

I would just quietly sigh, lean against the railing and watch the world float by.....

Happy labour day! If you spell it correctly, you have more fun.

I'm a great believer in holidays. Religious holidays? Sure. bring 'em on. Commemoration holidays? Yeah! It's a good time of year to have a break. As for wearing white, I figure that's like weddings and those people complaining about you wearing it didn't waste their summers. Little national quirks and customs like that are interesting. I like to wear my white shoes, white suit and white panama hat out the fishroom til at least November.

"You're not sposed to be wearing white after Labor Day...its just not the done thing....you should know better!!"

Having to explain to them that it only applies to the US and not the rest of the world

To which the hubbies or partners cut into the discussion "erm...dear...anyone can go cruising thesedays, not just Americans...come along...lets go get something to eat"

And as they walk away they are still arguining about wearing white after Labor Day and how everyone should know the rules....

I would just quietly sigh, lean against the railing and watch the world float by.....
Now even if you were American and wore white, its none of her business to tell you 😂.
She shouldn't have been telling you anything about it...
I don't even know why were not supposed to wear white after labor day... I'm probably going to wear white just to see what happens 😂

Just googled it... Basically its about the seasons and how lighter colors help cool your body with reflecting the sun and after labor day you should start wearing darker colors because its colder so you'll want to warm up.
Also I guess its a fashion thing and its one rule of fashion the CAN NEVER EVER EVER BE BROKEN AND IF YOU BREAK IT THE FASHION POLICE WILL GET YOU EVEN ON A CRUISE!
So yah, imma just wear white today and tomorrow

Sadly... I don't have two white shirts available atm... The rest are in the laundry. So tomorrow I'm wearing white 🤣

Just googled it... Basically its about the seasons and how lighter colors help cool your body with reflecting the sun and after labor day you should start wearing darker colors because its colder so you'll want to warm up.
Also I guess its a fashion thing and its one rule of fashion the CAN NEVER EVER EVER BE BROKEN AND IF YOU BREAK IT THE FASHION POLICE WILL GET YOU EVEN ON A CRUISE!
So yah, imma just wear white today and tomorrow
There are some fashion rules that should never be broken, but we won't go into that. ;)

There are some fashion rules that should never be broken, but we won't go into that. ;)
I don't follow fashion so I don't care. I just wear what feels right on whatever day. I mean I try to look nice but I don't keep up with the latest fashion cause I don't care 😂
Sometimes there are happy accidents. Like my patents planned to surprise us by going to the new Jurassic World Dominon movie a while back and it just so happened that I was wearing my Jurassic Park logo shirt. I had no idea what so ever we were going to the movie 🤣

I done it! I wore white after labor day 🤣
Take that fashion police! 🤣🤣
20220906_120852.jpg

I didn’t know the rules lol and I live here

I once snapped a pinky toe and couldn't get shoes on. It was too swollen up. So I put on socks and sandals and limped into my job in a High School.

Do you have any idea how horrified, genuinely horrified, 14 year olds can be when they see a fashion law violation? They were sandals, not slides. My socks were wrong. They were deeply disappointed with me...
It was like I wore a plaid shirt with a different plaid pair of pants!

Meanwhile, when my foot was back to normal, I steadfastly refused to wear fashionable shoes, out of principle.

No wearing white after Labour Day was only for women when I was growing up. It'll have to be a dress if anyone wants to rebel against old rules. Me, I wear black or dark grey all year round.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back