Ericag90

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My happy fishy’s

Attachments

• B96D06A5-2A7D-41A8-8E62-A4CACE655EF3.jpeg
    B96D06A5-2A7D-41A8-8E62-A4CACE655EF3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 378
it looks dark and gloomy, but I can't think of what you could add to brighten it up. :)

My camera quality isn’t the greatest...but you are right it is a tad too dark! I need to get more live plants!!! I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong with them but they seem to turn brown! I do water changes every 2 weeks and it seems as though I still find a brownish film on decor as well? Pump and filter gets cleaned monthly! And gravel as well! I was buying amazon swords...

definately need brighter lights and more plants to soak up nitrates...what are you water parameters...ph, ammonia, nitrites and nitrates? you need a test kit like the api test kit to check them...what fish are in the tank? you are probably getting algae from the brignt window behind it...maybe pull the shades ... perhaps a ligh filtering shade would work or close the drapes...too much sunlignt on a tank can cause algae...you also should do 50% water changes every week...

Last edited:
I have water testers lol and my water perameters are all where they should be! Just need to get some more lighting and plants! The window I believe may be some of the issue but for the most part the blinds are always closed.

I have water testers lol and my water perameters are all where they should be!

Can you give us the actual numbers for Ammonia Nitrite and Nitrate please?

Just checking, quite often members say " my water is perfect " then when they post the numbers its anything but.

light coming from a window is not going to be a problem for plants, especially in a low light tank.

you should pop down to a hardware store and look at LED spotlights and see about putting a couple of them above the tank. Look at 50-150 watt LED spotlights with a 6500K rating.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back