FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Happy Earth Day TFF! I would love to see each member post photos of nature around their house!

I’ll upload mine in a bit. ;)

Yep, it's earth day today... So, I've watered my plants... It's been a year already that they were watered... ? ? ? ?
Up to next year... ????

No pictures but our back yard is full of activity, at lunch I watched our mason bees, a couple of gray squirrels (introduced), and a rabbit (introduced). During the same time our bird feeders brought a number of sparrows (Savannah, Chipping, Golden Crowned, and Song), Purple Finches, Juncos, Pine Siskins, and Spotted Towhees. The real pleasure was a Pileated Woodpecker that showed up for the suet. A good lunch for Earth day. We go through a lot of seed each year. By the way we did not introduce the squirrels or rabbits, but they are not native to the area.

There's nothing around here to photograph apart from dirt due to all the stupid people chopping down and poisoning the plants and trees.

Lets hope the human race is still around in 50 years to celebrate this, and hopefully they are a bit smarter than the current ones running the world.

Sorry to be a downer but I don't think the Earth is going to survive the next 50 years. The planet might but I reckon everything on it will die from CO2 poisoning and heat.

Ah man! I forgot to upload some pictures. :/

Would love to see you guys upload some nature pictures around your house!

• According to the scientist, the earth had been around for 4.5 billion years.
  • There have been about five major extension-level events where 95% of all life that has ever lived on the planet are now long gone.
  • The dinosaurs ruled the Earth for 165 million years.
  • Homosapien has been on Earth for about 300,000 years, (this number is disputed among the scientific community)
  • The Wright Brothers flew the first powered aircraft in 1902. In 1945 during WW2 Germany flew the first jet propulsion aircraft.
  • In 1886 the first gas-powered engine was invented. In 1908 Henry Ford first massed produced the Model T for public use.
  • The first air conditioning unit was invented in 1902.
The Earth is mighty and will be here until the Sun explodes in about 7.5 billion years. So we humans have some time to figure it all out.
Think positive, as Oddball in Kelly's Heros says, "We don't need no negative waves." Be happy and smile.
Happy Earth Day.

The Earth is mighty and will be here until the Sun explodes in about 7.5 billion years. So we humans have some time to figure it all out.
The planet will be here for a while yet but whether humans are smart enough to fix the mistakes from the last 200 years, and do it in the next 10 years, will determine on if they live to see next century. My guess is no they won't succeed, but I would like to see them survive and evolve past the stupid aggressive destructive phase.

Welcome to a new day
055.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back