Happy Birthday to me ( 60 )

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

itiwhetu

Naturally First
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I am about to go to bed and when I wake up I will be 60.
I would like to say that this is the most amazing hobby anyone can ever be involved in. For 46 years I have been apart of a fantastic group of people from all walks of life, brought together by their love of fish.

Because this is my Thread I am going to share a story;

I first joined TFF in 2012 and lasted about two weeks. I was keeping African Butterfly fish in a tank with Cardinal Tetras and Discus at the time. I was told by members of this forum that it wasn't possible. I ended up leaving very quickly. 8 years later I returned determined to stick at it and not be discouraged. I know that I stir and I know I am challenging at times. But this is in my genetically make up. Just like kissing Gourami's Kiss and Corydoras Catfish sift sand, I can't help it, I Stir.

I would like to thank all the members of this Forum for their patience and understanding and hope that you see I am trying to be helpful rather than a pain in the *****. ( I have two demerit points so I'm being careful ).

I will finish by saying thank you to each and every member of this fantastic group you have saved me through Covid-19 Lockdowns. To new members and newbies to this hobby, I would like to say we all have your best interests at heart however harsh some of our comments may seem. I only wish I hadn't moved away in 2012 but had stuck with TFF.

Cheers Bernard.

Happy Birthday! Have a great 60th!

60......tsk tsk tsk...its all totally downhill from here matey....and not just the waistline.....have a fun birthday, try to behave yourself ;)

Happy Birthday :)

I am about to go to bed and when I wake up I will be 60.
I would like to say that this is the most amazing hobby anyone can ever be involved in. For 46 years I have been apart of a fantastic group of people from all walks of life, brought together by their love of fish.

Because this is my Thread I am going to share a story;

I first joined TFF in 2012 and lasted about two weeks. I was keeping African Butterfly fish in a tank with Cardinal Tetras and Discus at the time. I was told by members of this forum that it wasn't possible. I ended up leaving very quickly. 8 years later I returned determined to stick at it and not be discouraged. I know that I stir and I know I am challenging at times. But this is in my genetically make up. Just like kissing Gourami's Kiss and Corydoras Catfish sift sand, I can't help it, I Stir.

I would like to thank all the members of this Forum for their patience and understanding and hope that you see I am trying to be helpful rather than a pain in the *****. ( I have two demerit points so I'm being careful ).

I will finish by saying thank you to each and every member of this fantastic group you have saved me through Covid-19 Lockdowns. To new members and newbies to this hobby, I would like to say we all have your best interests at heart however harsh some of our comments may seem. I only wish I hadn't moved away in 2012 but had stuck with TFF.

Cheers Bernard.
0A07F988-B24F-4A5C-9C7E-95D48562B3C3.gif

Congratulations. It’s all blah blah from now on etc.

Mine was seven months back. We went to Aldi at 9PM on a Saturday night. Got dressed up smart and everything. It was all that was open.
Im sure it feels like a momentous occasion but due to the worlds current weirdness it mimho also feel like it or the last 18 months never happened. If you’re restricted atm make sure you do something special for your 61st.
Best wishes

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back