Happy Birthday Talltree!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

What fish/ shrimp should I get for my 3 gallon tank?

• Betta

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Endlers guppies

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Regular guppies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aussie native Shrimp

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
Shelster said:
Whatever happened to the lie to me game?

THIS ol' thing?

Don't reckon there is much point bringing it back, the mods will probably just lock it LoL.

Was a good game while it lasted though :)

Shelster said:
TT you are so quiet nowadays
smile.png

Ay updated betta tank pics?

Whatever happened to the lie to me game?

I know. :-(

I'm so busy all the time these days. There's always something that needs doing that keeps me from the forums. Just came here after getting off the phone from my boss yelling at me for showing up 2 hours late today cos I was taking care of my wife who is as sick as a dog. 
Sorry for depressing post. The happy bits are here now:

I will try to upload the pics soon as I can. I need to change my tanks water now. 

I found a way to stop shrimps getting into the filter. I chopped up a filter sponge and tied it to the inlet. My shrimp like hanging out on it.
Athena is not eating so I am going to try her on honey tonight. 

Congrats on the job, and congrats on the wife! Sorry she is ill though.

Looking forward to the pics.

Work always getting in the way of the important things in life
devil.gif

Hope your wife is better soon, and keep us updated on the shrimp and mantis stakes.

Weekend has given me the gift of time!
Pics of shrimp:

\

And some athena: ( she ate the honey btw I'm in contact with mantis experts as to what my future actions should be )

THe cage: Got some grasses in there with her.

Her standing next to her old skin:

Athena standing on her box of prey:

Bubbles the betta ( he never stops moving ) :

My wife is healing and almost back to her usual self :D 

Those are some awesome pics, glad Athena ate the honey, and hope your wife gets better soon! :)

Good hear you wife on the mend, hope she recovers quickly.

Some good pics there, Athena really coming on now and showing her personality. Sweet! :)

How did you tie the sponge to filter intake, I'd like to do the same thing to my tank before adding shrimps when the cycle finished.
( btw my BiOrb Flow now no longer used, long story! Now have Aqua Nano 30, so much better! :) )

Thanks for all the text and... Stuff :lol:

So, I have an infestation. :O
there is about 50 tiny little bugs that might be water beetles which must have come in on the plants. They're about 1mm long and there's lots of babies. I'll try to get some pics later on. Should I be worried? I don't think I could kill them all. There's just so many! They seem peaceful enough. My blond snail both died of unknown causes. They laid eggs so I have a few baby snails. Hopefully they'll do better than they're parents. Like orphans. :(

I don't think it matters that the snails are 'orphans' - snails aren't known for being very good at parenting in the first place.

Regarding the 'beetles'... you could try to siphon out as many as you see and take your chances on the rest.  Possibly just a larval stage of something... but they could be a problem.  Without a pic to try to ID them, then there's really no way to know.

Update
The tank is going fine all levels good. The moss has grown and the beetle population is coming under control. Haven't seen any baby shrimps yet. There is about 5 blond baby snails oozing about. There is algae on the walls.
Some FTS:

Close ups of moss:

Moss witha shrimp on it:

Your java moss is growing nicely on the wood.

Tank looking decent!

BTW is that an almond leave at the back near middle?

Awesome pics! The moss looks great, and what a cute little shrimpie ^.^

Thanks! Yup there's an almond leaf or something. I just took some leaf litter from nursery. It might be a n almond leaf xD. 

Cool, been thinking about getting almond leaves for my tanks and have RCS and have not got round to getting some yet.

Do the shrimps like the leaves and also do the leaves stain the water at all or anything? Also how often do they need to be changed?

Sorry for question time here, just interested in your input! Cheers!

They love the leaves. Always chilling on them. I replace mine when the shrimp eat it til it's just a stalk. :)

Pics of the shrimp:
A chameleon who laid eggs about a month ago ( see saddled shrimp earlier on journal )

A Rudolph shrimp as my wife likes to call them;

A blond snail baby about 1 month old:

A black beauty chameleon shrim:

And a solar powered dancing frog. Wait... Wut?

A pic of a shrimp on a leaf just for Charlie:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back