Handmade Dog Collars

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Brilly91

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Looking for some feedback really on an arts and crafty type hobby that me and the missus are looking to turn into a business. 
unsure.png

Hope its alright to post this on here and not seen as advertising. :S

collargroup2_zps8tiwp0ag.jpg

red_zpslrrnz6s0.jpeg

bluelead2_zps4jmxsh0l.jpg

What do you all think of the photography and are they something dog owners would buy and reasons why/why not.

My sharpei uses similar collar but with metal fixings.depending on price and strength of clips I would try.

I'm with gmc ... metal clips/clasps/buckles all the way. The plastic fasteners are fine for small breeds but a large breed that pulls would break that in no time. I also don't trust them not to fail.

Other than that I'm loving the fun colours. My dog is in need of a new collar but I'm struggling to get one that fits her skinny neck that hasn't got a plastic fastener. 

Am interested, I don't mind the black straps as I use a harness for my dog for walks.

These are probably the best plastic clips i have ever seen. They are really tight to get together. No cheap parts.

Also without being a preacher if a dog pulls enough for you to worry about clips coming apart it should be walked on a different aid such as a harness or headcollar...

well if your gonna argue with potential customers you won't sell many. Bye

Not trying to sell any on here thanks.

If you take advising on an animals welfare as arguing then so be it. There are sooo many potential risks to walking a dog on a collar i wouldn't even want to go into it

well some how my dog has managed to make it as far as 13 and a half and still walks five miles a day on a neck collar ???? Hmm 

You came here asking for feedback from dog owners - both myself and gmc stated we prefer metal fasteners. They are more secure. You took that and then suggested that our dogs should be using another form of walking aid in terms of a harness etc. For the first 6 months of her life my dog was walked with a halti purely because I had a severely disabled mother who wanted to take her for short walks and get some fresh air. I couldn't risk her pulling my Mum over. She also went to training classes once she was over the puppy stage and passed with certificates and a trophy. My dog doesn't pull on the lead but I still don't trust plastic fasteners. That was my feedback. Take or leave it 
Dunno.gif

and i was suggesting an appropriate option if it was a real fear of yours which any normal person would do. Your example was also based on a pulling dog so my suggestion was a sensible one. Neither did i suggest it was your dog. I do not recommend walking on collars to anyone myself so of course i'm going to say use a walking aid for a dog that pulls.  Anyway you took a simple suggestion as a personal attack which it was not.

You asked for feedback and we gave it to you.
I use a walking aid for my dog on its collar it's called my arms.
Please don't ever go on dragons den lol.

Yawn. Didnt even respond to you as you never mentioned a pulling dog.

Please refrain from posting any more poor comments and do try to keep this thread civil and courteous otherwise this thread will be locked.

I actually like the colourful collars and leads. And coming from a dog handling background, from Chihuahuas, Chinese Crested and up to Leonbergers, I have used both plastic or metal fasteners on both small and large breeds. Found that both types are both perfectly fine to use, I have never had issues with either type.

Think it's just a matter of opinion as to which type of fastener you prefer to use.

The only collar I have had issues with is the chain link choke collars, I have a loathing for these but that's my opinion and if used properly thinks it's probably just about ok but will personally never use one of these on dogs under my responsibility.

Wonder if would be a suggestion to make harnesses out of the same materials, so you could have colour matching lead, collar and harness?

:)

Overall I agree too, The fastener does not matter. A bigger dog should be on a harness anyway, That's what there designed for. Anyone using just a collar for walkies is living in the dark ages :D

I don't use a harness on my bulldog as the overall surface area to pull is more so.I have better control with a collar and as such need something I can rely on.didn't say I wouldn't use one I said if I thought it was strong enough then I would try one.I never see anyone walking with a harness.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back