Gutted

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

richchappy

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have lost all my new baby corys, Im soo angry with myself, i moved them to the fry tank and they have all died, i should of left them till they were stronger and ready for the move and not put them in with the live bearer fry,
soo gutted

Rich :angry:

Sorry to hear that you lost your fry. I could be from water change, and the babies can't adjust in new enviroment [water parameter]that quickly.

Normally when my cory spawn I using same water with the parent and each time water change I using the same water from adult tank. When the babies ready to move to bigger tank and they will get used to with the water condition. :blink:

I'm sorry. :sad:

I think it is part of learning what works for us. We work at finding a system that we and the fish can work together. Probably there are foolproof ways, but I don't have the time and space. So I have to work out a way that me and my pets can work with.

One thing is what you said. When you change them young you want the water conditions to be the same. So probably using water from the spawn tank would be safer. Personally I don't move them until they are eating the black worms, unless I have to. Didn't any survive? I would be surprised if none made it. There is usually a tough little guy/gal that hangs.

But take the lessons and do better next time. It's a numbers game sometimes.

Haha You beat me to it pc! :p

the way i do it is i remove the eggs from the parent tank into a hatchery. maybe try this next time dude.

just an idea, and i have just had a 100% hatch rate on the latest adolfoi spawning :)

ye, i have found one littly guy just, i will have to get the tank empty as its filled with live bearer fry so ill get them gone soon and then sort the tank out and then spawn themm propperly, i keep checking for more corys

Congratulations! Your Trillis have successfully given you a stong healthy survivor! Be happy for him and tell your trillis thanks, good work. Your concern and care gave this one his chance. :nod: :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back