Guppy with what I assume is dropsy

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

max22

Reaction score
My Guppy male one day had a protruded belly and was beginning to a pinecone. I assumed it was dropsy and moved him to my ten-gallon hospital tank put in a dose of salt, as well as a 7-day treatment with API Melafix. During this week his stomach stayed protruded but the pinecone effect died down drastically. Yesterday, the day after the 7-day treatment I saw he still wasn't healed so I dosed the tank with 1/4 teaspoon of Epson salt. Today I woke to find him with similar bloat problems but a small unordinary blister looking thing appeared on his side. Some days he seems far worse staying near bottom of the tank and gasping but some days he seems a lot more alert and energetic, lastly he has been eating each day. In the previous tank Ammonia:0 Nitrite:0 Nitrate 0-20. Let me know if I should try for a better picture.

Attachments

• BlackBerry.jpg
    BlackBerry.jpg
    991.5 KB · Views: 120
Dropsy is not usually curable sadly. Livebearers seem to be the most prone to internal problems

Darn, are you confident that it is in fact dropsy? @JuiceBox52
I believe it is. You could try treating him for internal infection and worms and he might survive but it's not likely

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back