guppy with fry sticking out

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

fishrock

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
help i have a guppy with a fry sticking out half way.it seems to be stuck.its been like this for about a half an hour. any ideas on what to do?how can i help her?

I'm afraid I dont know. I hope it all works out for you though.

is it head out or tail out? if tail, it'll probably die. its probably hard on her, is she a new mother? give her time. it'll pop soon.

snowyangel said:
Obviously your gonna have to help or the mother could die too. Do you have a turkery baster? You could try sucking the fry out into it or squeezing water towards it so it may dislodge it. I hope everything ends up ok. :/
:dunno: ......maybe she should do it on her own. "helping" might stress her out.

:( There is a chance that the mother could die as well if the fry doesn't come out. You can try to help her by putting on a glove and gently squeeze her a little. Maybe the fry would pop out or maybe you'll just ended up frightening the mother. It's worth a try. Good luck! :fish:

sorry didnt see all the replies. the tail is sticking out. its been quite a while now.im afraid if i dont take action she will die.

yes u need to do sumthing, squeezeing her is a bad idea, try the turkey baster or u could just net her and see if u can get it by hand.

thats what i did and it worked.i actually have a small net i use for netting fry and i got her in that.in her struggle to get out the fry popped out and it was swimming around.i cant believe the that the fry might actually live.thanks alot everyone for your help.one more stressful situation over and some good advice given and learned.thanks alot everyone i couldnt have done it without you.

BABIES!

no matter what kind of fry it is its always exciting to watch.

My new platy momy is going to give birth soon. I can see that crazy tube thingy sticking out very slightly.

i'm excited

:fun: Congratulations! :fun:
I'm still waiting on my little first time female to have her fry... My other female is probably about 2 inch long and had 3 fry at one time when she had hers ....lol

Good Luck
Erin B) :fun:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back