Guppy tail growing weird?

anclarin

Reaction score
So I have has what I believe to be a lyretail guppy for about 5 months now, and I've always noticed something wrong with his tail. His actual tail fin is perfectly fine, but his longer pieces have always looks like they have been cut. I though it was my other guppies in the tank, so I watched closely, but his tail length and 'style' never changed. And he is also smaller than the other guppies were, and hasn't grown much in the past 2-3 months. He's always been the 'runt' of my guppies per say, and when they passed he became quite shy. but I decided to leave him be to see if the tail was in fact looking so strange due to nipping, but it has not grown at all. I recently introduced a red platy into my tank to see if it will help his come back out of his shell, and it has. But my follow up question is, is it okay to have a male platy an male guppy in a tank together? Should I introduce another guppy? Also, it is a 6 gallon tank, water is well maintained, tested weekly. Thank you for any advice.

can you post a pic
A small group of male guppies would probably be more suitable about 5 or 6

I read before that platies and guppies (even males) will do fine together if given enough space and enough females.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back