Guppy tail damaged!?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Divinityinlove

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
First time having an issue like this! Very concerned. Fish is swimming fine, but tail looks awful! I check on my fish daily multiple times, I woke up to notice this guppy's tail is half gone? I've got 4 female bettas but they're usually shy and won't even fight for food, guppies are 3x larger in number and more aggressive for food so can't imagine there was a fight! What could this be and what can be done?

Thanks a lot.

IMG_20220303_094748.jpg

That doesn't look nibbled as such, more like its been caught on something and torn

What have you got in the aquarium that is decor/equipment or anywhere that the fish could have been been caught up by...perhaps when being chased by a tankmate or boisterous behaviour?

What species of Bettas are you having?

Actually female Bettas are aggressive.
They will kill each other and bite each other tails and fins until they die especially if you get the colorful Koi Bettas.

Well
That doesn't look nibbled as such, more like its been caught on something and torn

What have you got in the aquarium that is decor/equipment or anywhere that the fish could have been been caught up by...perhaps when being chased by a tankmate or boisterous behaviour?
Well other than the submersible filter you see (which online someone with the same issue said might be the filter?) I only have a large bio rock.. Half coconut shell, barrel with holes for hiding and a slim driftwood stick. Nothing else. This has never occurred before in 3 years with the same ornaments pretty much or similar.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back