Guppy seems to be suffering :(

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

joriswechsler

Reaction score
Greetings from Amsterdam Fish community!

This is my first post on this forum so hopefully it goes well! since one or two days one of my guppy is swimming upright with his head up and his tail down he seems to be struggling to stay afloat and moves rather slowly, sometimes he also hides in his house. Sometimes he seems to be normal but then returns to his vertical swimming after a few minutes. I will attach a photo of him! His tankmates do not seem to have the same problem. I read on the Internet that it could be a swim bladder disease and that I should not feed him for three days and afterwords feed him peas, but I don’t know if that is true. It is a 45 L aquarium with around five plants and 4 other guppies, I normally do a 20% water change every week and treat the water beforehand. I do not remember the test results from this morning but all the values seem to be fine and im using the Tetra 6 in 1 test kit. I feed them TetraMin flakes normally once a day, but realised that I have to feed them a little bit less. Since the week I have a problem with brown algae but I thought that that did not harm the fish. I also attached a photo of the whole tank to give you an impression! I hope you can give me some advice or recommendations as to what I can do, he was one of my first fish and I care dearly for him.

Thank you in advance,
Joris
139819BD-9C46-4915-9DF9-E0CD6B91E14A.jpeg
762DA399-29F2-48B4-B38E-DDD27B1A7932.jpeg
66046772-BE73-4E59-990C-802432B679B4.jpeg

Sorry I've no help to offer. I just wanted to say you're tank looks lovely. I love the SpongeBob house :wub:

I can’t tell anything is wrong from the photos...

When he floats, does he turn sideways? Or does he float straight up and down?

What you read is commonly advised, don't feed for three days then feed with a blanched peeled pea. You may need to repeat this two or three times.

I can’t tell anything is wrong from the photos...

When he floats, does he turn sideways? Or does he float straight up and down?
No he seems to really swim upward. Sometimes I dont know if he struggles to move his fin or if its the belly thats the problem but I will try the treatment and pray for my little Timothee :))

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back