Guppy Rehab Journal

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Add some salt to the tank.

2 heaped tablespoons of rock salt for every 20 litres (5 gallons) of water. Keep it in the tank for 2 weeks and see if it helps.

Add some salt to the tank.

2 heaped tablespoons of rock salt for every 20 litres (5 gallons) of water. Keep it in the tank for 2 weeks and see if it helps.
i am hesitant to add salt.
last time i did (very very similar your recipe) the guppy spazzmed out and died....

good news, he eats bloodworms good
i will first make him full and then maybe it will go away
it might be when i harmed him while i scooped him

As long as it isn't doing white poop it should be fine. just give it time and make sure nobody is pestering it. Maybe try a different type of food.
Small question: my pregnant swordtail is pooping white but it isnt stringy and ghe poop.cast is full. I read somewhere that fhis is because of pregnancy?
He is alos pooping white but not stringy poop casts. I want to feed him garlics but idk if that will harm the snails

I don't feed onion or onion relatives (garlic, shallots, leeks, spring onion) to any animal or fish. Other people do but I can't offer advice on that.

White poop is either intestinal worms or an internal bacterial or protozoan infection. If the fish is eating well then it's worms.

The following link has info on fish doing white poop.

I don't feed onion or onion relatives (garlic, shallots, leeks, spring onion) to any animal or fish. Other people do but I can't offer advice on that.

White poop is either intestinal worms or an internal bacterial or protozoan infection. If the fish is eating well then it's worms.

The following link has info on fish doing white poop.
Thanks can i soak food i prazi will that affect my snailies

I read, and it made sense, that white poo can be an intestinal cast in a fish that hasn't eaten for a while. My bullied gourami did one after being prevented from eating. She has been fine since with normal poo.

I read, and it made sense, that white poo can be an intestinal cast in a fish that hasn't eaten for a while. My bullied gourami did one after being prevented from eating. She has been fine since with normal poo.
But mine is poop with stuff in it and it is white

Yep im gonna feed bulb to them and also prazi i found on google that that is also a sogn of pregnancy and my swrdtail is pregnant but havent had this poop
So that does sound more like parasites...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back