Guppy Rehab Journal

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Sgooosh

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month šŸ†
Reaction score
Hello..
In my 75 gallon high flow tank, thereā€™s a new guppy called bagel.
He was in the tank for a month but his development is still slow

He is only eating from the ground
Should I do garlic treatment?
maybe he has too many parasites

pictures and video of fish?
ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH and GH levels?
how long has tank been set up for?

pictures and video of fish?
ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH and GH levels?
how long has tank been set up for?
Remember the last thread of guppy not eating? Thatā€™s where all the info is...
I shouldā€™ve copied it my bad

first thread (this is the journal)
0,0,0 respectively

what does the fish's poop look like?

What is the GH (general hardness), KH (carbonate hardness) and pH of your water supply?
This information can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).

what does the fish's poop look like?

What is the GH (general hardness), KH (carbonate hardness) and pH of your water supply?
This information can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).
light brown

respectively

As long as it isn't doing white poop it should be fine. just give it time and make sure nobody is pestering it. Maybe try a different type of food.

As long as it isn't doing white poop it should be fine. just give it time and make sure nobody is pestering it. Maybe try a different type of food.
I will try algae and shrimp,, when time comes Iā€™ll do blood worm ( I only feed that once a week)
Do you have any other tips?

Are you bypassing the other fish with a pipette or something so he gets food put right in front of him? It sounds like the others might whisk it away otherwise!

Try bloodworms or brineshrimp every day for a few days and see if it eats. Sometimes when a fish has a decent meal it will stimulate its appetite and encourage it to eat more types of food.

Update: he caught some food but spat. It out.. he seems to have some skin off his forehead
0F27EB3B-0DEC-4764-8CFA-4EA5BD3F016A.jpeg
ill see if Icanget a better photo

Try bloodworms or brineshrimp every day for a few days and see if it eats. Sometimes when a fish has a decent meal it will stimulate its appetite and encourage it to eat more types of food.
He seems to pick at driest stuff

I will blood worms today
Are you bypassing the other fish with a pipette or something so he gets food put right in front of him? It sounds like the others might whisk it away otherwise!
I put him in a breeder so I the food isnā€™t whisked away...
Could I give him a buddy to kind of teach him?

He seems to pick at driest stuff

I will blood worms today

I put him in a breeder so I the food isnā€™t whisked away...
Could I give him a buddy to kind of teach him?
Likely any other fish you add in with him will just steal his food. Iā€™d keep him in the hospital tank for a bit to make sure heā€™s healthy and eating okay on his own, and once heā€™s back in the large tank just watch and see if heā€™s getting enough food :)

Likely any other fish you add in with him will just steal his food. Iā€™d keep him in the hospital tank for a bit to make sure heā€™s healthy and eating okay on his own, and once heā€™s back in the large tank just watch and see if heā€™s getting enough food :)
He is in a breeder not hospital tank. I will keep him in there for. A while

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back