GUPPY RATIO

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

eriwa8

Reaction score
Hi, I got 2 males and one female by accident. is there gonna be a problem?
I only have a 10-gallon tank.

no problem if you mean aggressiveness. yes problem if you donā€™t want babies. your guppies will breed like crazy.

I assume you wanted 1m and 2f and accept that they will breed? The single female will be harassed and get stressed. Why not see if the LFS will swap a male for a female?

I assume you wanted 1m and 2f and accept that they will breed? The single female will be harassed and get stressed. Why not see if the LFS will swap a male for a female?
LFS is quite far away from my home. so I don't want to exchange. what should I do to fix this problem? I got guppy before but they r pregnant when I bought them and all die after birth.:(

no problem if you mean aggressiveness. yes problem if you donā€™t want babies. your guppies will breed like crazy.
I did want to breed but right now It seems the female keep chasing by those two males. I can feel she is kinda stress out.:fish:

Yeah it's a problem. The males will harass the female like they are doing. If you can get a breeding net, you can put her in there until you can find a home for her. Otherwise try to put lots of plants in the tank so she has more places to hide.

Guppies are best kept in single sex tanks (only males or only females). If you want mixed sex tanks, then have at least 4 (preferably 6-10) females per male.

Most reactions

trending

Back