Guppy Pregant Is It Ok To Leave Her In The Big Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

gizzmo341

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
i have and guppies and platy in a trap but i have a 2nd guppy who is pregant in are big 300l tank with a cory cat, 7 platies (not fully grown) and a male guppy in the tank we have a wall off fake plants to slow down the water at one end of the tank and some real plants alond the back of the tank but i dont think there is much to hide in for fry  have i got much chance of fries if i leave her in there? DSC_0100.jpg
DSC_0099.jpg

Some will survive, they can hide in the gravel.

She will eat most if not all of them. I had a female that was turning to eat them everytime she birthed one. Luckily I had her in a breeder that allowed the fry to sink to the bottom through a grate. You can get them at PetSmart or any LFS generally. Thats what I would recommend if you want the fry.

The plastic breeding boxes generally do not offer a "safe" or stress free environment, which can cause fish to eat their fry.

she gave birth 1 week ago in the big tank 7 frys that i can find! tiny orange fry on orange gravel!  last time she gave birth in the trap and she had 10 survie birthing

fish.gif
tongue2.gif
  im sooooo happy (i know platties are easy)

btw i did have a trap but she stressed out with it this time 2-3 days before so i let her into the tank

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back