Guppy looks like it's bleeding?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Guppylover:)

Reaction score
So I just noticed this, it looks like my guppy is bleeding. It's just a red spot, not anything gushing, but I can't tell

Sorry if those are not super great pics, I took it while it was dark.

Attachments

• 20211102_221631.jpg
    20211102_221631.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 20211102_221604.jpg
    20211102_221604.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 20211102_221620.jpg
    20211102_221620.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 20211102_221618.jpg
    20211102_221618.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 37
So I just noticed this, it looks like my guppy is bleeding. It's just a red spot, not anything gushing, but I can't tell

Sorry if those are not super great pics, I took it while it was dark.
that's an injury, make sure to remove sharp objects in the tank and keep water pristine, she will heal

Yes but thise are medicine, right now shes not infected so id probably just either water change every day and monitor
Maybe add some salt?
Okay, should I set up a hospital tank? And how can I do that immediately

I have the same thing that happened with one of my old female breeding Sailfin Mollies. I keep the water pristine by having a heavily under stocked tank, and doing 75% wc weekly.

Yes but thise are medicine, right now shes not infected so id probably just either water change every day and monitor
Maybe add some salt?
The reason I chose the bacterial infection remedy is cause 1 if she already has a problem then it should be treated, and 2 if she doesn’t have a Bacterial infection she probably could have a chance at getting a bacterial infection cause she looks super weak, so to prevent it is bassicaly what I’m saying cause she/he has a small wound is what it looks like..

Last edited:
The reason I chose the bacterial infection remedy is cause 1 if she already has a problem then it should be treated, and 2 if she doesn’t have a Bacterial infection she probably could have a chance at getting a bacterial infection cause she looks super weak, so to prevent it is bassicaly what I’m saying.
yep! but its always best to try and not use meds whenever you can
Okay, should I set up a hospital tank? And how can I do that immediately
what fish are in the tank?
you can slowly change salt into it

Maybe add some salt?

yep! but its always best to try and not use meds whenever you can

what fish are in the tank?
you can slowly change salt into it
Guppies, and I was able to set up a tank today 🙂

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back