Guppy Just Got Decimated

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
It is probably the Laetacara dorsigera, as I just looked up about them and they seem to be very territorial and protective. :rip: Poor fishie. =(

Yeah, I was pretty sure it was them. It's just they've been incredibly peaceful up til this point, and I'm pretty sure they don't have any eggs to guard.

'One of the most peaceful cichlids available in the hobby, this is generally a shy species.' Quote from Seriously fish, which up until now I would have had to agree with.

Guppies can be pretty stupid so it probably didn't get the idea when warned or it may have even nipped at them to start with :/

Sort of the same thing happened to me - I was about to do a water change on my little sister's guppy-only tank. I was watching them for a minute and they were all there, alive. (2 male guppies and 4 female) Then about 3 seconds later I opened the lid, and one of the males which was alive literally seconds ago, was floating dead at the top of the tank. Not a mark on him. Still to this day do not know what happened to him. :dunno: ????

I had a very peaceful Laetacara curviceps. One day it decided it did not like the angel in the tank and started ripping it to shreds.

peaceful reputations they may have.....but a cichlid is a cichlid, you can never be 100% sure on behaviour.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back