Guppy issue

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Nemo2182

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So everything has been going swimmingly (like that....)

But today I have a problem

My Alpha guppy, the big dog has a problem. I think its probably terminal, but just wanted to double check with you guys first

Now your see from the pics im convinced he has literally prolapsed his intestine out. I say this is because ive seen guppies with white stringy poo, but this more like a white tube, and its almost fluffy? Im reluctant to treat him for a parasite as I dont know what it is. Im obviously nervous not just for him, but the rest of the gang, i really dont want something tearing through my tank and destroying my gups

Any ideas? Ive added pics, not best, but they dont stay still....Hes eating and acting normal. Water params are good, 20% water change just yesterday... all other fish are healthy
20210215_183034.jpg
20210215_183617.jpg
20210215_183716.jpg

I have very little experience with fish ailments (I've been lucky), but I would think with intestine outside it's body, it wouldn't be acting normal and eating...for any fish

@Colin_T

I have very little experience with fish ailments (I've been lucky), but I would think with intestine outside it's body, it wouldn't be acting normal and eating...for any fish

@Colin_T
Yeah I thought the same, but it just doesnt look like a poo if that makes sense. I know this fish, he is a good size guppy and has dome pretty big poo but not like this. And its been there all day, same size, surely a poo would of cut off by now? But as for behaviour, hes no different. Couple of fish have enquired into the alien object but he has moved them on swiftly. He is also still first one to tank at dinner time tonight!!

It's really weird looking, hopefully Colin will chime in for you...if he's acting fine, no need to fret for now, I guess

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back