Guppy is Vertical!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lilhurleybunny

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Swimmin around in the Chesapeake Bay ;) in Marylan
Hello! :D Havnt posted in a while but one of my guppys is hanging around the bottom and I know this isnt normal for a guppy! He is like..standing, hes moving but leaning against the side of the tank with his head up towards the hood :( . I thought he was just sleeping at first but he has been doing this for the past two days.

What is going on and is there anything I can do?

Thanks!! ^-^

could be a few things. Intestinal worms. Toxic water, do water changes.
Frontal kidney damage. Gas from bacterial action on food

Probably a silly question but have you checked your water parameters. How old is the guppy? Any other symptoms?

I've got one like this at the moment, hes on his way out, been treating him with anti internal bacteria med for two weeks but it hasn't made a difference, what are your test result in ammonia,nitrite,nitrate,and ph.

Well im not the greatest fish keeper in the land :( and dont really keep up with vacuuming as much as i should and only change the water when it gets so low that the sound of the filter water hitting the water gets on my nerves. Yes, i need to break these habits i know i know. So i dont know my parameters at the moment :blush:

But ive had him for a year on December 24 and i bought him at Wal*Mart (another bad decision i know) but thats the only way i can figure out how old he is :huh: .

The only other symptoms that i see, is that he is just laying on the bottom, still moving, but just laying there. And my other guppy that i just bought thursday is doing the same thing! :S

So at this point im not sure what to do.

Thankee for the help so far ^_^

A water change is your best bet. I've never seen a fish that small pull out of an odd position like that. Say your goodbyes.. :(

Same as someone has suggested do a water change and gravel vac, check filter over, take a sample of your tank water to the lfs and tell them to write the readings down for you.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back