Guppy has swim bladder issues...Do I avoid swim bladder treatment as I have a Bamboo Shrimp???

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Today I've found another guppy dead......So that's 3 fish in a week. Just done a water test and everything is fine..

Today I've found another guppy dead......So that's 3 fish in a week. Just done a water test and everything is fine..
exact numbers? do a 75% water change

Wipe the inside of the glass down with a clean fish sponge.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Clean the filter. Wash the filter media/ materials in a bucket of tank water and re-use the media. Tip the bucket of dirty water on the garden/ lawn.

Add 2 heaped tablespoons of rock salt, sea salt, or swimming pool salt for every 20 litres of tank water. Keep the salt in there for 2 weeks.
If you do water changes while using salt, add salt to the new water before adding it to the tank to keep the salinity (salt level) stable.

Post pictures of the individual fish.

Wipe the inside of the glass down with a clean fish sponge.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Clean the filter. Wash the filter media/ materials in a bucket of tank water and re-use the media. Tip the bucket of dirty water on the garden/ lawn.

Add 2 heaped tablespoons of rock salt, sea salt, or swimming pool salt for every 20 litres of tank water. Keep the salt in there for 2 weeks.
If you do water changes while using salt, add salt to the new water before adding it to the tank to keep the salinity (salt level) stable.

Post pictures of the individual fish.
Will I still be ok to use salt with catfish and Bamboo shrimp?

Catfish are fine, no idea about bamboo shrimp but most shrimp are fine with salt.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back