Guppy has fuzzy cloudy eyes

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Just tested all my waters and it seems ok still. Added the King British disease clear. Also could this be a result of bullying? Two other guppies have been trying to peck at his eyes and gill area. Tank only has 6 guppies and its a juwel lido 120.

Attachments

• 15948337011015344672763460844101.jpg
    15948337011015344672763460844101.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 54
He seems to be looking worse. Does anyone know what he has? So i can get the right medicine. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20200717_182555.jpg
    IMG_20200717_182555.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20200717_182554.jpg
    IMG_20200717_182554.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20200717_182534.jpg
    IMG_20200717_182534.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 62
Did the medicine you used treat bacterial disease? @PheonixKingZ? I’m not familiar with that med myself. B I would have gone with the eSHa 2000 myself.

Last edited:
Did the medicine you used treat bacterial disease? @PheonixKingZ? I’m not familiar with that med myself.

Hi it says treats fungal infections and most bacterial. I do have others but would i need to complete this one before trying another? And i imagine a large water change first? Ive attached a pic of the other bottles i have.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200717_190138_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200717_190138_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 15950090611682264261739753475051.jpg
    15950090611682264261739753475051.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 55
Did the medicine you used treat bacterial disease? @PheonixKingZ? I’m not familiar with that med myself. B I would have gone with the eSHa 2000 myself.
Hi it says treats fungal infections and most bacterial. I do have others but would i need to complete this one before trying another? And i imagine a large water change first? Ive attached a pic of the other bottles i have.

Attachments

• IMG-20200717-WA0013.jpeg
    IMG-20200717-WA0013.jpeg
    305.5 KB · Views: 49
What do you mean? If you are speaking of the one I provided the link for, then no. (The Disease Clear)I just looked at their website, and it looked good.

What do you mean? If you are speaking of the one I provided the link for, then no. (The Disease Clear)I just looked at their website, and it looked good.
Yh I've used the British king disease clear only so far. Not used any others yet but it does say it treats most bacteria infections.

The King British med contains silver proteinate.
eSHa 2000 contains ethylacridine and proflavin which are antibacterials.

You do have quite a collection of meds in the photo. If any were first opened more than 12 months ago, I would throw them away even if they are still within date. The oxygen in the air which gets into the bottle after it has been opened makes the reagents go off.

To be honest, you also have a lot of duplicates. You don't need all of those.
For flukes, and worms - either NT labs anti fluke & wormer or eSHa gdex + eSHe ndx. Don't bother with Sterazin (their flukes med)
eSHa 2000 is better than King British Disease Clear, King British fungus & finrot, Interpet swim bladder med and Interpet anti internal bacteria. Just one med instead of four.
Melafix is more like dettol than a medication, I wouldn't bother with it.

Tetra AquaSafe is a dechlorinator which you need to use (or any other brand).

Seachem neutral regulator should not be used. It is never a good idea to try to change pH. It also says it removes hardness minerals. But with guppies, you need hard water and a high pH.

The King British med contains silver proteinate.
eSHa 2000 contains ethylacridine and proflavin which are antibacterials.

You do have quite a collection of meds in the photo. If any were first opened more than 12 months ago, I would throw them away even if they are still within date. The oxygen in the air which gets into the bottle after it has been opened makes the reagents go off.

To be honest, you also have a lot of duplicates. You don't need all of those.
For flukes, and worms - either NT labs anti fluke & wormer or eSHa gdex + eSHe ndx. Don't bother with Sterazin (their flukes med)
eSHa 2000 is better than King British Disease Clear, King British fungus & finrot, Interpet swim bladder med and Interpet anti internal bacteria. Just one med instead of four.
Melafix is more like dettol than a medication, I wouldn't bother with it.

Tetra AquaSafe is a dechlorinator which you need to use (or any other brand).

Seachem neutral regulator should not be used. It is never a good idea to try to change pH. It also says it removes hardness minerals. But with guppies, you need hard water and a high pH.
Ok thanks. All of its unopened as I'm new to the hobby so just bought all the stuff last month. I've ordered eSHa 2000 but that won't arrive until 23rd july off amazon. Would you recommend waiting for this to arrive? And in meantime finish the course of the king british disease clear? Thanks

As you haven't got the eSHa 200 yet, you may as well continue with the disease clear. But do a large water change before switching meds and if possible run some carbon in the filter to remove the first med.
The Juwel Lido should have a black sponge in the filter. If you are using it, you should have removed it before adding any med to the tank as it will remove the med. Put a new black sponge in to remove the disease clera before using 2000, then throw it away as it will have adsorbed the disease clear. You don't need to use carbon full time, so don't replace it. Keep a black sponge in the cupboard in case you ever need to remove medication again.

As you haven't got the eSHa 200 yet, you may as well continue with the disease clear. But do a large water change before switching meds and if possible run some carbon in the filter to remove the first med.
The Juwel Lido should have a black sponge in the filter. If you are using it, you should have removed it before adding any med to the tank as it will remove the med. Put a new black sponge in to remove the disease clera before using 2000, then throw it away as it will have adsorbed the disease clear. You don't need to use carbon full time, so don't replace it. Keep a black sponge in the cupboard in case you ever need to remove medication again.
Yh i took the black sponge out before meds. Got a few spare so will follow your advice and do a large water change and then run a new black sponge for a day. Throw it away and then add eSHa 2000. Thanks.

I forgot to mention that heat and salt is better for treating whitespot than medication. You already have API aquarium salt if the fish ever get whitespot :)

I would go with that, as different medications have different dosing rates. Follow the instructions on the box, and keep us posted. :)
Screenshot_20200722_190915.jpg

Update: guppy
Hi i've got an update and he seems to be looking and better and swimming about more after i used eSHa 2000. Was just wondering though if you knew what the texture is on his tail. He seems to have small lumps or beading on his tail. Not sure what that is. Thanks.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back