Guppy going crazy!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lilhurleybunny

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Swimmin around in the Chesapeake Bay ;) in Marylan
Hey everyone! **is out of breath** Okay! So all morning my little guppy Ferris has been laying and swimming around down at the bottom. About 5 minutes ago i went up to the tank to see how he was and i looked at him and he just started having like..spasms! He did little spiral thingys and twitched then started swimming with his stomach in the air! Now he's laying at the bottom with his stomach face up, still moving. What's going on and what should I do?

I wont be at my house much today but any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Bunny! :crazy:

This does not sound good.. What are his tank mates doing and what are your water tests like? I'm hoping that he gets righted soon...

ALASKA

In my experience, the spirals are the end result of a rough life. Most likely it began at the petshop, but could also be from poor water quality and/or unstable conditions (too long between water changes). Your best bet, especially with livebearers, is to improve and maintain conditions and remove afflicted fish early on in their decline.

The behaviour you described is death throes (as you have found out). It was too late by that point to save him or identify exactly what did him in.

Sorry I don't have better news for you,
/Kris

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back