Guppy gave birth but still looks pregnant could this mean more?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jimbo_natale4

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Around 20 born
Could the mother have eaten a few?
Or is the round mom still birthing?
45150962e4663db391540031fb609225.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey there, how long has she been giving birth for? Usually guppy give birth to at LEAST 20, any guppies i've owned have given birth to more. i'd say wait a few hours because usually they do stop at intervals. I've seen guppies give birth to 60 fry but it was over a period of 2 hours. Also, if she stops for more than a few hours please take her out of the breeding box, it will stress her tremendously. I like to keep my platies (also livebearers) in a separate tank for them to give birth so they still have all the space of a normal tank. Best of luck!

Hey there, how long has she been giving birth for? Usually guppy give birth to at LEAST 20, any guppies i've owned have given birth to more. i'd say wait a few hours because usually they do stop at intervals. I've seen guppies give birth to 60 fry but it was over a period of 2 hours. Also, if she stops for more than a few hours please take her out of the breeding box, it will stress her tremendously. I like to keep my platies (also livebearers) in a separate tank for them to give birth so they still have all the space of a normal tank. Best of luck!

I believe she's just finished... she was probably birthing for around 2-3 hours because every 5-10 minutes she gave birth to about 2 fry at a time. Last ones came out around 4:35pm(east) and she hasn't had any more since. I now have 34, also I did move her, but I do not have another tank so I out put her in one of those large breeder boxs ( net kind).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad to hear you had more fry delivered! I'm waiting for my platy to pop any day now and hoping will get a nice batch since i have a planted tank i'm working on and really want to use it for fry haha.... anyway, best of luck!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back