Guppy Fry

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

FishLover7891

Reaction score
Hi! My guppy just gave birth to around 11 guppy fry. Right now Iā€™m feeding them crushed up flake food. Iā€™ve also heard of some people feeding live food, such as brine shrimp. If feeding brine shrimp is best, how often would I feed it.

Thanks in advance!

you can feed the brine shrimp once a day for the next week or two and crushed up flake food. if possible feed fry three times a day

I also have a pregnant guppy she is rly big now, can see them from her black spot which is now orange, I have another new tank Iā€™m setting up, can I put her in it to have her babies so they donā€™t get eaten by other fish, or does she still need a male with her? Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 196
  • 889C4E42-8563-43B5-8570-81A828E29F05.jpeg
    889C4E42-8563-43B5-8570-81A828E29F05.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 190
yes she can be moved to another take to give birth at this stage it is best not to use a net remove fish with cup or in plastic container keep fish in water when moving it to another tank so not to stress her out so much

They will be fine with one feeding a day with crushed flake food and i don't think an ordinary fish keeper would see the difference between flake food fed once a day or brine shrimp fed three times a day, but if you really want them to be really healthy and have lots of offspring (not sure if everyone wants that) then feed them brine shrimp.

I also have a pregnant guppy she is rly big now, can see them from her black spot which is now orange, I have another new tank Iā€™m setting up, can I put her in it to have her babies so they donā€™t get eaten by other fish, or does she still need a male with her? Thanks
As a livebearer the fry are already fertilized so she doesn't need a male but she looks VERY close to birth so it is risky for her to be moved. I would provide plant cover in her tank for the fry to hide in then move the fry to the new tank. If you move her now you would either risk her eating her fry in the new tank or risk her dying from being moved out of the fry tank. She will need a week to recover after giving birth so shouldn't be moved then.
good luck!

They will be fine with one feeding a day with crushed flake food and i don't think an ordinary fish keeper would see the difference between flake food fed once a day or brine shrimp fed three times a day, but if you really want them to be really healthy and have lots of offspring (not sure if everyone wants that) then feed them brine shrimp.
I agree. When I had guppies in a community tank I just fed the tank as usual and almost always had some fry survive.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back