guppy fry in a fish bowl temporarily

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

finfayce

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hello
last year i gave my guppies to Petco because i i wanted less aquariums to clean. when i got home, i discovered 5 survivor fry.
i put them in my goldfish tank. there are 2 left( adults) and now their fry are getting eaten 😬
my question- could i put fry in a goldfish bowl until they are bigger? my house is always warm for my birds. and in summer it's 🥵
my guilt of letting fry get eaten is getting to me. :(

of course! throw in an airstone or sponge filter and you'll be breeding gups like a pro.

Shouldn't be a problem.
Plastic storage tubs (like for shoes, clothing, and so on) and buckets work well as makeshift tanks until you find room. Of course, they are not pretty containers, but storage containers usually have good surface area relative to their size. I have found ten gallon tanks sitting by the curb before trash day, too. The problem, of course, is having space for everything.

Plastic storage tubs (like for shoes, clothing, and so on) and buckets work well as makeshift tanks until you find room. Of course, they are not pretty containers, but storage containers usually have good surface area relative to their size. I have found ten gallon tanks sitting by the curb before trash day, too. The problem, of course, is having space for everything.
thank you. i don't really want guppies- but the fry are getting eaten by the goldfish. the fry parents are survivors from taking my guppy tank down and donated all to Petco. apparently not all!😉

of course! throw in an airstone or sponge filter and you'll be breeding gups like a pro.
thank you. i don't really want guppies- but the fry are getting eaten by the goldfish. the fry parents are survivors from taking my guppy tank down and donated all to Petco. apparently not all!😉

Just remember the small bowl will require frequent water changes and cleaning

I found a local fish store when I lived in northern California that would buy all of my juvenile fancy guppies. This was almost thirty years ago, but I got $1 credit for each fish.

I found a local fish store when I lived in northern California that would buy all of my juvenile fancy guppies. This was almost thirty years ago, but I got $1 credit for each fish.
thanks for the tip. there are 2 guppies who survived. as adults they are safe with my goldfish :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back