Guppy extended and angular belly...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ilooklikemyfish

Reaction score
Hello all!
Can I ask for a little advice. One of my male guppies seems to have a bloated belly, but is behaving totally fine. (He's at the top of the water in this photo but he's not actually hanging out there). As soon as I saw it on Friday I moved him into a quarantine tank (trying as hard as I could to keep a stable temperature in this heat!). And since he's been in there I've just fed him shelled cooked pea.
His behaviour is OK but that belly definitely looks off to me. Can someone advise me if this is likely to be dropsy/constipation or if I'm overreacting?

I really appreciate the help. Just want to make sure my fish are as comfortable as possible.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1660560952078.jpg
    1660560952078.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 28
Have you noticed long stringy white poo? If you have it's an indicator for worms...which would be no big surprise as guppies these days are riddled with one parasite or another

Have you noticed long stringy white poo? If you have it's an indicator for worms...which would be no big surprise as guppies these days are riddled with one parasite or another
Thanks for the reply Captain. Actually there is very very little poo in the tank (after two and a half days), and no strings of it coming from the guppy. Now you make me think of that... I guess constipation is a likely cause.

Just in case, does anyone know how long worms can remain dormant? This tank has had no new fish for about 4 months.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back