Guppy died last nigh

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Dasmms45

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Morning all I found 1 of my guppies dead this morning. Couldnt see anything on him and he wasnt behaving any differently to normal or compared to others.
Do guppies just die, is that just how it happens sometimes?
54l tank 6 glow lights, 2 plants and now 4 guppies 😔

What are your water parameters? Just incase why ammonia/nitrite/ nitrate

Did you perhaps do any larger than normal water changes?

I tested parameters yesterday morning and there was 0 ammonia, nitrate and nitrite. I had to leave early for work this morning so will post parameters here when I get home.
I put guppies in 4 days ago and was going to do a normal water change like 25% or something tonight after guppies settled in.
I'll get another plant, the 2 I have are huge java ferns on logs at the moment.

I tested parameters yesterday morning and there was 0 ammonia, nitrate and nitrite. I had to leave early for work this morning so will post parameters here when I get home.
I put guppies in 4 days ago and was going to do a normal water change like 25% or something tonight after guppies settled in.

Did you cycle the tank before the putting the fish in? Or just set up tank then put fish in?

Buy fast growing stemmed plants, for this tank

Did you cycle the tank before the putting the fish in? Or just set up tank then put fish in?
Yes did a fishless cycle for a month then put tetras in and guppies went last friday so 2 months old tank

Yes did a fishless cycle for a month then put tetras in and guppies went last friday so 2 months old tank

Hmm weird lol, I don’t believe fish just ‘die’ there’s always a reason but unfortunately for us as fish keepers it could be 1000 things. We can only control about 10 or so of those things. Your doing everything right, unless others die I wouldn’t worry about it

I've got somebody going to the house lunchtime to check on then so will update if any news

Hmm weird lol, I don’t believe fish just ‘die’ there’s always a reason but unfortunately for us as fish keepers it could be 1000 things. We can only control about 10 or so of those things. Your doing everything right, unless others die I wouldn’t worry about it
Ok cheers fingers crossed

Ok just got home and fish all look happy, cam straight to the front and top ready to be fed. I've taken new readings 1st one is ammonia then all the rest. Master test kit is arriving wednesday, delayed by amazon.
Hope pics are ok, i know carbonate ppm is probably high, do you guys see any issues?

Attachments

• 20220523_164808.jpg
    20220523_164808.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 20220523_165025.jpg
    20220523_165025.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 20220523_165028.jpg
    20220523_165028.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 20220523_165003.jpg
    20220523_165003.jpg