Guppy Care Guide

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

lazarusthefishboy10

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just wanted you to checkout this video I just uploaded that I put a lot of effort into! Plenty of info! So if you don't know what guppies are, this video will tell you everything you need to know about these fish before you buy them! Enjoy, and please give me some supportive feedback! It will be much appreciated! Have an amazing day, and I hope you go checkout some more of my vids! Bye everyone!!!

You mentioned pH but not GH (general hardness). Guppies need a GH of 200ppm or higher for long term health.

----------------
Guppies in ponds don't lose their tails or suffer from fin rot in cold water, that is caused by poor water quality and a dirty environment. The cool conditions weaken the fish and make them more susceptible to diseases, and this can lead to them getting sick or dying. If the water gets too cold too quickly, it can kill the fish.

----------------
Genetic weakness is from inbreeding to get the different colours.

----------------
re: dont breed more than 8 times because the older guppies produce weaker fry.
You can breed old fish and they produce healthy young. The problem is if the fish are bred continuously, then the females become weaker with each batch of fry they produce. Then the females can die prematurely. If you keep guppies in separate sex tanks, the females can produce several batches of fry and then have a few months without producing any. This gives them a chance to recover. After a few months you can put them with a male and let them breed again, and start the cycle over.

----------------
If you are going to keep male and female guppies together, try to keep at least 6 females for every male to reduce the stress on the females. The males constantly pester the females and try to breed with them. If there is only 1 or 2 females for each male, the females stress and can die before their time.

----------------
If guppies are well fed, they generally don't eat the young. Having lots of plants in the tank (which you mention) gives the females and babies places to hide and is great.

----------------
When you are doing the commentary, if you leave a slightly longer gap/ pause between topics it won't sound like you are rushing.

I like the fact you mention not to release fish into natural waterways and to take them to a shop instead. :good:

Overall another good video from you. Well done :)

In general a nice video you've made... :good: But yes, there are some issues about the info given in the video. But you're quite young and have still a lot of time to learn more about them. I encourage your enthusiasm...:yahoo:

There are also a lot of guppies that won't eat their fry, btw.
Not just guppies but also other kinds of livebearers can be kept at even a 1m:1f ratio or even more males than females in a tank without any problems. It's a generalization that livebearers should be kept with more females than males at all times. I'm a serious livebearer keeper and breeder for over 4 decades now and I'm speaking out of experience in this case. If we discuss guppies, one should know first what kind of guppies they are. For not all guppies are the same in behavior.

As you already now, I do have my own youtube channel as well. But I'm not really editing those videos as you do. So, I do have to compliment you by editing your videos. I'm a bit too lazy to do that, to be honest... :eek:
I'm looking forward to your next video... :fish:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back