FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Darkomot

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am pretty new to the hobby and have put a lot of effort into making a healthy and good aquarium with guppies and ghost shrimp. I have already had to deal with my own host of problems that come with an aquarium(disease, death, aggression etc.), and now have a healthy aquarium! I have learned that it's much better to be preventative in fishkeeping, so I am asking you guys to look at my aquarium and fish to see if everything is ok! Any advice on setup, fish, etc. would be greatly appreciated! If there IS something that you notice, please tell me!

Thanks! IMG_20201102_190542.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201102_185105__01.jpg
    IMG_20201102_185105__01.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20201102_185235.jpg
    IMG_20201102_185235.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20201102_185235__01.jpg
    IMG_20201102_185235__01.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20201102_185445.jpg
    IMG_20201102_185445.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 112
  • ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
    ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
    27.7 MB · Views: 108
Additionally, any advice on how to make the tank look better would be great :)

Tank stats (10g):
Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 20 ppm
Aquarium salt: 6 tbs/10 gallons
pH: 7.4
Water Temp: 76 Degrees F
Fish count: 7 Adult guppies, 6 ghost shrimp, many guppy fry, and lots of snails

I like your setup, the amount of stone is great! The plants in my tank are Hornwort, Jungle Val, Duckweed, and Java fern.
Duckweed is new to me. I will look it up. I have the other three in my tank too. The green plant in the middle with small leaves is a bacopa that can bloom, I recommend it. Very easy, low light and no fuss. itiwhetu was a great member on here to talk to about planted tanks. He takes a natural approach, and is very interesting to talk to. I am using Dustin's Tanks for my plants and have been pretty happy with the price/quantity/quality. In Kansas, we are not exactly aquatic friendly :) Lots of "box" pet stores. I did get my rock formation from Chewy, if you want one. Just a 10 gal, but love the end look. Good luck on your guppy tank, post pics as your tank grows!

Duckweed is new to me. I will look it up. I have the other three in my tank too. The green plant in the middle with small leaves is a bacopa that can bloom, I recommend it. Very easy, low light and no fuss. itiwhetu was a great member on here to talk to about planted tanks. He takes a natural approach, and is very interesting to talk to. I am using Dustin's Tanks for my plants and have been pretty happy with the price/quantity/quality. In Kansas, we are not exactly aquatic friendly :) Lots of "box" pet stores. I did get my rock formation from Chewy, if you want one. Just a 10 gal, but love the end look. Good luck on your guppy tank, post pics as your tank grows!
That's great! Yea I actually bought almost all of my plants off of Facebook Marketplace for super cheap, and the guppies were bought from a local fish store that is high quality. I learned the hard way what happened when you buy guppies from box stores...disease, disease, disease.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back