Guppy + Air Pump?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Do guppy need air pump oxygen?
An air pump is not essential for a guppy, but one attached to an airstone might be good. It increases the aeration in the tank which is defiantly beneficial but unless its a big tank, then you should be fine without one, as long as you have a good size filter.

An air pump is not essential for a guppy, but one attached to an airstone might be good. It increases the aeration in the tank which is defiantly beneficial but unless its a big tank, then you should be fine without one, as long as you have a good size filter.
Will a hanging filter do fine?

Yes, any filter will work really. HOB, Internal, Canister, sump, etc. all harbor beneficial bacteria, while an airstone/pump does not.

Yes, even though it might help them, it is not needed.

What type of plant is good for guppy?
Guppies like pretty much any plant: Anacharis, water lettuce, Java fern, Anubias, Amazon sword, moneywort, etc.

They specifically like floating plants: Salvinia, frog bit, and duckweed.

I've got a tank with no aeration in it or a mechanical pump. But it's filled with lots of oxygen plants.. I only add water to it when a part evaporates. Nothing more... But you need to know what you're doing. So, I won't advice it to everyone to do this.

If this is the first time for you keeping guppies and you'd like to keep 15 of them, try 5 males: to10 females.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back