Guppies With Lumps! :s

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Brilly91

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Been out for the evening and when i got in noticed a couple of my guppies have developed lumps on one side of their stomachs.......

Any ideas what it could be?

IMAG0475_zpsfd26a784.jpg

Does the lump look to be a different colour? I have seen pregnant female guppies have something rupture inside them, it is always fatal.

I know its hard but can you get any clearer photos? The  clearer the photo the easier it is to identify the problem.

Its not a different colour or anything. Its literally just a round lump off centre.

Oh lumps aren't a good sign. Are there both guppy females and males in the same tank? I doubt they all got pregnant at the same time, but... Are the guppies hanging out at the surface of the tank? It might be a disease called bloat, which has treatments but unless you catch it early the guppy has a high likely hood of dying. 

Well i think we was just being over paranoid, as lumps have gone went down after a nice big poo so thinking it was now just constipation :L. But yes the tank is mixed with males and female and around all are preggers barr 2 :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back