Guppies Vs Pictus Catfish Water Concerns

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Freshwater Sucker Fish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
If I set up a tank for Pictus Catfish and one of my guppies happens to jump into the tank with it. will the pictus eat him before he dies from water condition issues?? has anyone ever had their guppie land into a tank with a catfish and become food rather than rotting fish scum?

I agree, why would he die? Picture catfish try to eat anything that can fit in their mouth. During the day, they are less active. Try to get him out ASAP.

Yep, dinner time. I had a pictus years ago and they grow big fast. A big goldfish it could not swallow so it sucked its eyeball out, no kidding. Some other fish just disappeared before I witnessed this. Don't worry the goldfish lived a long life in a pond afterwards and was a prolific breeder to thousands of fry.

Why would it die from water conditions?
icture catfish try to eat anything that can fit in their mouth. During the day, they are less active. Try to get him out A

I was told since guppies are a soft and cat are a hard water fish I could not have them in the same tank.

but im not sure if the issue for it being lunch time and all

oops yes you are right that's what I meant to say lol and thanks should be okay for inhumane purposes (sorry really don't want to offend anyone).

Thank you everyone for your help on this topic ^-^

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back