Guppies dying

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Is there anyway he could have something that could travel to my fish? I'm just worried about losing any of the fish I have.

All fish live in a soup of microscopic organisms. If you do regular water changes, gravel cleans and filter maintenance, the fish will be healthier but there is no guarantee any fish from anywhere is free of all diseases.

The fish looks ok in the pictures and might not have any diseases. But it could still carry a disease into your tank.

Personally I would just move it into your tank and add some salt. (2 heaped tablespoons of salt per 20 litres of water). Keep the salt in the tank for 2 weeks and they should all be fine.

I was leaving the guppy in my brother's tank for 3 days so I could check him for disease and tonight I noticed on his tail it looks like it was nipped but I can't tell if it is fin rot or not. Is there any way to tell the difference between nipped fins and fin rot?

Fin rot is caused by poor water quality and a dirty environment. It makes the tail look frayed. Fin Rot is not contagious but an indication the environment is not good.

Bites to the tail look like neat curved pieces that are missing.

If it has fin rot, it should clear up by itself when the fish is in a clean environment.

It's been almost 3 months since the guppy moved to my tank. He is doing amazing! He really like Fluval Bug bites and loves to swim around my driftwood with his other guppy friend who I got to keep him company. I'm really glad I decided to move him to my tank. Thanks for all the help! I will try to get some pics of him tomorrow

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back