Guppies dropping like flies - please help!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Is your test kit fairly new? They do have an expiration date.

The #2 bottle of ammonia test and the #2 bottle of the nitrate test require lots of shaking and even rapping them on a hard surface.

what brand of dechlorinator do you use?

Is your test kit fairly new? They do have an expiration date.

The #2 bottle of ammonia test and the #2 bottle of the nitrate test require lots of shaking and even rapping them on a hard surface.
It's very new, expires in 2026, and the bottles were shaken for 1 minute as per instructions, but I might try test again with more vigorous shaking

Rap it on the palm of your hand or on a table to ensure it’s well shaken.

What size is your tank. How much salt did you use. Snails dont like excess salt in the water.

What size is your tank. How much salt did you use. Snails dont like excess salt in the water.
Sorry for the late reply! I put in two tablespoons, and my tank is 60 litres. I went to my local fish store and the employee was just as stumped as I was, we suspect atm is maybe too much oxygen in the water as the airstone is on full, but I'm not sure. Unfortunately one guppy has already died. Going to do a large water change now.

Can you confirm how long this tank has been running? Two weeks was mentioned in one post. Did you acquire the tank set up with fish, filter, etc? Are the guppies the only fish? Were you doing regular water changes, if yes how often and what volume?

Most reactions

trending

Back