Guppies And Angel Fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

britanix

Reaction score
I have been told that you shouldn't keep guppies in the same tank as angel fish. Is this true?

The simple answer, is NO Angles and Guppies do not mix.

They require different water, and when the angles pair up, say good by to the guppies

I have been told that you shouldn't keep guppies in the same tank as angel fish. Is this true?

If guppies grew to about 3 or four inches long, then keeping them with angels would not be a problem. However, guppies stay small, and would be no more than feeders to an angelfish :)

Keeping angels and smaller fish together tends to be a bad idea, if the angels are fully grown then they most likely will certainly eat the guppies, however it can depend on the nature of the fish, I have 5 angelfish in my tank 4 of which are fully grown, and a smaller one and have been keeping them with cardinal tetras some of which are quite small (have a shoal of about 15 or so), and the angels are fine with them, instead of guppies you may want to try cardinal tetras.. try to get fully matured ones if possible as they will be too big to fit inside the angelfishes mouth.

The advice i have been given, is get small angels and large small fish. The small angel is not big enough to eat the large small fish, and by the time it is big enough, it's given up trying. That might work with neons, cardinals etc. But guppies have such a short lifespan when you replace the oap's in a couple of years time, the new fish are going to be that much smaller than the angels, they might be at risk.

Depends. If you want to keep them together, get the angelfish very young and get an adult guppy. The angelfish will grow up with the guppies so won't be tempted to eat it. I raised an angelfish with tetra and he turned out peaceful, but introduced an adult angelfish and he killed them all. Angelfish can be tricky.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back