Gsp Won't Open!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

crazyforcordoras

CLASH OF CLANS!!!!
Reaction score
Hello. I got a nice frag of Gsp for 35$. I have had them for a few weeks and they have only opened for 1 day. That was 4 days ago. Ever since then, they havent opened. Tank is a 10 gallon nano reef. Other stock
Includes 1 ocellaris clown (nemo), 1 striped fluorescent mushroom (rare one, got it for five bucks), small colony of yellow zoanthids, I got them for free, 3 Astrea snails, 2 margarita snails, and 2 blue leg hermits. Lighting is zoo med coral sun t8 light. Is this okay for them, why won't they open?? :sad:

Hello. I got a nice frag of Gsp for 35$. I have had them for a few weeks and they have only opened for 1 day. That was 4 days ago. Ever since then, they havent opened. Tank is a 10 gallon nano reef. Other stock
Includes 1 ocellaris clown (nemo), 1 striped fluorescent mushroom (rare one, got it for five bucks), small colony of yellow zoanthids, I got them for free, 3 Astrea snails, 2 margarita snails, and 2 blue leg hermits. Lighting is zoo med coral sun t8 light. Is this okay for them, why won't they open?? :sad:

May not be enough light for them to open.

L

Update. Only one tiny polyp opens every day. It is so small, it is hard to see. And a question, can I keep a fire shrimp and a porcelain crab with it?

Update. Only one tiny polyp opens every day. It is so small, it is hard to see. And a question, can I keep a fire shrimp and a porcelain crab with it?

Where are the gsp situated. Porcelain crabs and fire shrimp are fine with them. :)

L

They are towards the side of the tank. Since I don't have a powerhead, I have it under the filters flow. That's good because I might get a porcelain crab today. The fish store just got in a shipment of striped ones a few days ago.

They are towards the side of the tank. Since I don't have a powerhead, I have it under the filters flow. That's good because I might get a porcelain crab today. The fish store just got in a shipment of striped ones a few days ago.

Is it opening better now?

Not yet, surprisingly... I think it is because my snails climb on it.

Not yet, surprisingly... I think it is because my snails climb on it.

Now, on occasion, my gsp will go dormant for like a week or so. It's happened twice in the 8g's life. But afterwards they open right up again. I think it's because the pad that the polyps extend from gets dirty with sediment and tank stuff. I used a baster to clean it up and then they opened up again.

L

I had this problem with mine in the end found out it was being eaten alive by my red legged hermit crab either that or my emerald crab or peppermint shrimp although I think it was the red leg but I banished them all to another tank, sadly I was too late to save it, I now have another and it is doing fine :)

Blew it off with the baster a couple days ago. Still has not opened. I think I'm going to take it back to the store I got it from, as I am going there this weekend.

Ya, I dont want to, but maybe I could trade it for something. Going sometime this weekend.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back