Growth?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

liz2

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
One of my old pks has developed a swollen belly. He has had a pea and went to the loo. If he was female I would say eggy but I think he is a male. He is swimming around well but his belly is getting bigger. any ideas? He has actually got a pronounced white spot under his belly!
PICT0082.jpg

How long has he been like that Liz and does he have any pinceconing?

It really is swollen and I don't think any of our eggy females have ever been that big!!!

from behind does it look squarish?

or is one side bigger than the other?

is its body symmetrical from behind?

no pineconing, like it for 3 days, not bigger one side than the other. any suggestions please? actually going to see if he will flare. ok frill only on one side of his/her face, and actually dropping little white dots(eggs?) no vertical stripes though

That sounds like eggs!!!!!

Do they look like this

IMG_2685.jpg

no pineconing, like it for 3 days, not bigger one side than the other. any suggestions please? actually going to see if he will flare. ok frill only on one side of his/her face, and actually dropping little white dots(eggs?) no vertical stripes though

i am guessing pregnant

yes they do look like eggs. I guess one of the boys has been upsetting her. I am sure her was a him! I do get my old fish mixed up!

Easy to do Liz....we had three that we were sure were boys until they all released eggs!!!!

Getting too eggy can cause complications in some females but hopefully she'll keep releasing them. Keep an eye on her for now.

Another alternative would be to spawn her and just syphon up the eggs.

good she released them as she looks like she was gunna explode. Holding of eggs can cause dropsy as well if they are not absorbed back into the body.

my oldest females get fat and drop eggs at random. they havent ever looked quite that big, but perhaps they could if they had a large meal while super eggy.

Ok she still looks fat, but is now doing poo with looks like air bubbles in and then a bit stringy....got some meds but not sure what to use... :shifty:

Could you spawn her and then remove the eggs? or let her eat them? She seems so large it could do her good to have them out - What do you think Netty? Modaz?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back