Growth Log Of Hornbag

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Appsolutly gorgeous, the exotic pet shop I am volunteering at has just got a load of babies in.
They look adorable but heard they have a bad reputation, very aggressive and should be kept on their own or with other flowerhorns.
How do you keep yours, hows its behaviour towards other fish?

Just found this through the link in your signature. What an amazing fish! Any update?

I did go to Do a big clean on his tank today but the convicts who he shares his home with have fry again :( ill try get a picture on my phone but itll probably be a poor quality pic though.

Like i said a baaaad pic
f094b5d8.jpg

Yeah theres atleast 3 pairs of convicts so 90% of the time theres eggs or babies :(

Goodness! Do you think he's fully grown yet?

Looking great - thanks for keeping us picture junkies happy :p

Hornbag is brilliant, AFG. You've done a great job with him.

Do the convicts bother him when they have young? Also, do any survive or is it just free FH food?

Well the other day HB tried to get some fry for lunch and the smallest convict in the tank about 1.5" (the mother) stood up too him and HB give in, even though he could of swallowed her lol

Man, even a small convict is vicious. Hornbag looks wonderful, you have done a great job raising him.

Convicts are gorgeous fish and i would love to have a tank setup just for them but with the 2 other tanks (small planted and 1300ltr frontosa tank) i wouldnt have time.

The babies just diseaper, im not sure who eats them but as they say ignorance is bliss and i rather not know. If i could move the fry on i would but knowbody wants them :(

Oh and i wont put my hand in because he cant tell the difference between my hand and food lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back