Growth At A Stand Still?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Mylesmom08

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So my tank has hit a standstill in growth. I rescaped it about 2 months ago, and about a month later it stopped blooming. Any ideas? I dose according to the seachems beginners guide, since im not an expert, and I have 39wattx2 T5HO about 2-3 inches off the open top surface. (45 gallon - Its tall), oh and I have seachems flourite black sand w/ some gravel on top to weight the plants down (corys dig them up)

Sunday Morning: 
3.75 mL Flourish
22.5 mL Excel
4.5 mL iron
2.8 mL Phosphorus
((2.8mL Nitrogen))

Monday:
11.25 mL Trace
4.5 mL Excel
4.5 mL Iron

Tuesday:
7.5 mL Potassium
4.5 mL Excel
4.5 mL Iron

Wednesday:

11.25 mL Trace
4.5 mL Excel
4.5 mL Iron

2.8 mL Phosphorus
2.8 ((mL Nitrogen))

Thursday:

7.5 mL Potassium
4.5 mL Excel
4.5 mL Iron

Friday:
3.75 mL Flourish
4.5 mL Excel
4.5 mL Iron

Saturday:

WATER CHANGE
5 mL Prime
006_zpsa8cdb999.jpg
001_zps8d7b5afd.jpg

Your plants look healthy enough and it doesn't look like you have an algae problem, it probably is because you need to increase the amounts of fertilisers and co2 you are dosing. As the plants get bigger they need more food!
It looks like you have plenty of flow but I would stop using the venturi because it could drive out any co2 naturally present in the water

levahe said:
It looks like you have plenty of flow but I would stop using the venturi because it could drive out any co2 naturally present in the water

I think this only applies if you are adding CO2 gas, otherwise any dissolved CO2 must come from the atmosphere which a venturi can only help with :)

lol okay, Ill rotate keeping it off and on and see if that makes an difference. If anything, at least the water wont evaporate so fast! 
good.gif

I ran into the same thing and eventually algae started to take over.  No mater what I did the plants would not grow.  Even the duck weed in the tank died.  Eventually I purchase a phosphorus test kit and discovered I had high phosphorus levels, 5ppm.  probably due  to insufficient cycling.   I increased the cycling and as soon as phosphorous dropped below 2ppm the plants started to grow.  i reintroduced duck weed and that has siince been doing very well 

This is from my experience. First off, co2 might not be necessary with your lighting. Especially if you are not seeing algae.....something is using all those ferts you are adding. Second, I would let your plants settle in. You mentioned you rescaped two months ago.

Is that an amazon sword at the front left? Or crypts? It looks like a root feeder, maybe a root tab might help the heavy rooters. But if it is an amazon sword, it'll get really tall and large ultimately and I would keep it at the background, or almost.

Oh, I thought I searched for new posts, my apologies. Just getting used to the forum I guess?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back